Project UKWinz DEV Thread

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Project UKWinz DEV Thread

Post by InfinitasImpetum on Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:37 pm

ugh, i am Tiled so i can help create the maps. so create tile sheets to make it easier.

metroid has the same kind of map. and there is a mechanic that shows where you are. might be useful to tell where you've been

example:
look in upper right corner
http://gamecola.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Metroid-Fusion-1.png

levels will be designed by both of us. you do half, i do the other half.

sigh.....i hate the unity handles sprite positioning.... Flips Table

i think i know how to make a custom engine. but i would have to create tools for it also......
anyways i would use sfml for a custom engine but android version won't happen until sfml is done being ported too android. currently sfml doesn't support android but its being worked on.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Posts : 2160
Join date : 2012-05-30
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Project UKWinz DEV Thread

Post by Ebgundam on Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:30 pm

you guys are entertaining XD, well since i never have time to do anything (literally, i had no free time, im deprived of anime and i think im having a withdrawal symptoms from it) ill make the bgm for the game if you guys want me too. itll be something brand new, new 8 bit music that has never been heard before. although i have never made a 8bit music so this will be a new experience for you and for me XD. angel

__________________________________________________________________________________________
im back!
avatar
Ebgundam
(70%)-Lv7
(70%)-Lv7

Posts : 1543
Join date : 2011-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Project UKWinz DEV Thread

Post by 00f on Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:13 am

Ebgundam wrote:you guys are entertaining XD, well since i never have time to do anything (literally, i had no free time, im deprived of anime and i think im having a withdrawal symptoms from it) ill make the bgm for the game if you guys want me too. itll be something brand new, new 8 bit music that has never been heard before. although i have never made a 8bit music so this will be a new experience for you and for me XD. angel
Yea awsome, mugen and you can make music then so be it!

@ mugen
Of course we ll make them together, ill draw the maps you want, lets be creative and think of various locations!

__________________________________________________________________________________________






REVERBLAST






avatar
00f
(90%)-Lv4
(90%)-Lv4

Posts : 500
Join date : 2014-11-06
Currently : Japan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Project UKWinz DEV Thread

Post by 00f on Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:36 am

For the boss arenas (connected to the map normally, disconnected from everything during arena mode) can we have different gravities?like a space stage? That would be cool

__________________________________________________________________________________________






REVERBLAST






avatar
00f
(90%)-Lv4
(90%)-Lv4

Posts : 500
Join date : 2014-11-06
Currently : Japan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Project UKWinz DEV Thread

Post by InfinitasImpetum on Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:15 am

i am reconsidering using unity and switching to custom engine.....

i am on indecisive mode, i can't make a decision on what engine to use.........

__________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Posts : 2160
Join date : 2012-05-30
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Project UKWinz DEV Thread

Post by 00f on Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:46 am

InfinitasImpetum wrote:i am reconsidering using unity and switching to custom engine.....

i am on indecisive mode, i can't make a decision on what engine to use.........
chose the one you're more comfortable to work on and you're sure to get the result you want... if it's unity , unity it is.

take all the time you need since im guessing you won't be able to switch mid way.

__________________________________________________________________________________________






REVERBLAST






avatar
00f
(90%)-Lv4
(90%)-Lv4

Posts : 500
Join date : 2014-11-06
Currently : Japan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Project UKWinz DEV Thread

Post by InfinitasImpetum on Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:18 am

custom engine would take time. but i would be able to design it to work more like i want it. plus give custom tools to it. also would open up it up to modding and easy mech addition. luckily 2d engines take less time than 3d ones.

also i think boost button is not needed. i can merge it function into how the directional button works
double tap right or left to dash. press up in air to do a boost jump. jumping will be normal but to go higher or farther you try jumping again to do a boost jump/double jump.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Posts : 2160
Join date : 2012-05-30
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Project UKWinz DEV Thread

Post by 00f on Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:04 pm

InfinitasImpetum wrote:custom engine would take time. but i would be able to design it to work more like i want it. plus give custom tools to it. also would open up it up to modding and easy mech addition. luckily 2d engines take less time than 3d ones.

also i think boost button is not needed. i can merge it function into how the directional button works
double tap right or left to dash.  press up in air to do a boost jump. jumping will be normal but to go higher or farther you try jumping again to do a boost jump/double jump.
controls are great the way you said it, i like the double tap to boost up or left/right

if you think you can succeed with a custom engine and that you're not walking the plan blindfolded then good.   i have faith in your trust of your own abilities. do what you think is best, just don't give up cause you realize it's too hard later, KNOW WHAT you are jumping into. if you're up for it, then ok, you're the boss for the code anyway. 
the project will take time as i said, so even is custom engine is gonna take longer, as long as it's within 1 or 2 years to finish the game then it's good i guess

__________________________________________________________________________________________






REVERBLAST






avatar
00f
(90%)-Lv4
(90%)-Lv4

Posts : 500
Join date : 2014-11-06
Currently : Japan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Project UKWinz DEV Thread

Post by InfinitasImpetum on Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:49 pm

if i do custom engine then i will be designing it so we can use it for other games that are sidescrolling. not just this one.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Posts : 2160
Join date : 2012-05-30
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Project UKWinz DEV Thread

Post by 00f on Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:52 pm

InfinitasImpetum wrote:if i do custom engine then i will be designing it so we can use it for other games that are sidescrolling. not just this one.
that's fine with me if you're able to do everything like we want to, not sacrificing ideas because of practical use. 
heck i might even be part of your other project...idk lol let's not even talk about it, i want to focus on UKWinz nothing else

__________________________________________________________________________________________






REVERBLAST






avatar
00f
(90%)-Lv4
(90%)-Lv4

Posts : 500
Join date : 2014-11-06
Currently : Japan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Project UKWinz DEV Thread

Post by InfinitasImpetum on Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:55 pm

i have a design in mind and it will open the game up so non-mechs are an option too.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Posts : 2160
Join date : 2012-05-30
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Project UKWinz DEV Thread

Post by InfinitasImpetum on Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:02 pm

make them one size for all 100x100 or less should be fine. sfml has a antialias option for sprites i can use.

also android is in the maybe list for happening.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Posts : 2160
Join date : 2012-05-30
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Project UKWinz DEV Thread

Post by 00f on Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:07 pm

rel said
M.N.D. Millennium Nucleus Drive
would be a good suggestion for the game... it is badass though XD 

__________________________________________________________________________________________






REVERBLAST






avatar
00f
(90%)-Lv4
(90%)-Lv4

Posts : 500
Join date : 2014-11-06
Currently : Japan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Project UKWinz DEV Thread

Post by InfinitasImpetum on Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:21 pm

why are you saying it here for him. he should be giving his own ideas here. everyone is free to contribute ideas. well, rel probably is just a wimp probably thats why. afraid to speak up here.

i rather not take that name for reasons. on being he didn't say it here himself.

anyways the final name, i want to be decided in a vote of a selected list.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Posts : 2160
Join date : 2012-05-30
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Project UKWinz DEV Thread

Post by 00f on Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:39 pm

InfinitasImpetum wrote:why are you saying it here for him. he should be giving his own ideas here. everyone is free to contribute ideas.   well, rel probably is just a wimp probably thats why. afraid to speak up here.

i rather not take that name for reasons. on being he didn't say it here himself.

anyways the final name, i want to be decided in a vote of a selected list.
lol, chill he responded to my pm, anyway, the name would be decided at the mid development phase, we can both chose it and make a vote for better ideas ^^ ur right

__________________________________________________________________________________________






REVERBLAST






avatar
00f
(90%)-Lv4
(90%)-Lv4

Posts : 500
Join date : 2014-11-06
Currently : Japan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Project UKWinz DEV Thread

Post by InfinitasImpetum on Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:24 pm

anyways i am leaning towards custom engine. more work on my end but the results would be more options to us. like able to make expansion packs for later.  if it gives me trouble i will go back to unity.

i will be using sfml and box2d for creation of the engine. i have experience in getting them to work together

__________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Posts : 2160
Join date : 2012-05-30
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Project UKWinz DEV Thread

Post by 00f on Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:25 am

InfinitasImpetum wrote:anyways i am leaning towards custom engine. more work on my end but the results would be more options to us. like able to make expansion packs for later.  if it gives me trouble i will go back to unity.

i will be using sfml and box2d for creation of the engine. i have experience in getting them to work together
if you think you can do this then i'm cheering you on. i can only do the visuals so you're alone in this...

__________________________________________________________________________________________






REVERBLAST






avatar
00f
(90%)-Lv4
(90%)-Lv4

Posts : 500
Join date : 2014-11-06
Currently : Japan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Project UKWinz DEV Thread

Post by InfinitasImpetum on Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:25 am

00f wrote:
InfinitasImpetum wrote:anyways i am leaning towards custom engine. more work on my end but the results would be more options to us. like able to make expansion packs for later.  if it gives me trouble i will go back to unity.

i will be using sfml and box2d for creation of the engine. i have experience in getting them to work together
if you think you can do this then i'm cheering you on. i can only do the visuals so you're alone in this...
..........currently, my motivation has really lowered plus i am being way to picky and indecisive with the engine choosing......probably why my motivation lowered.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Posts : 2160
Join date : 2012-05-30
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Project UKWinz DEV Thread

Post by 00f on Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:52 am

InfinitasImpetum wrote:
00f wrote:
InfinitasImpetum wrote:anyways i am leaning towards custom engine. more work on my end but the results would be more options to us. like able to make expansion packs for later.  if it gives me trouble i will go back to unity.

i will be using sfml and box2d for creation of the engine. i have experience in getting them to work together
if you think you can do this then i'm cheering you on. i can only do the visuals so you're alone in this...
..........currently, my motivation has really lowered plus i am being way to picky and indecisive with the engine choosing......probably why my motivation lowered.
mmmh screw this im not doing anything until you're rock solid sure you can do this to the end XD
it's not like i'll be mad at you if you drop out of the project, no pressure and all, just let me know

tbh we might as well end it here once and for all rather than make everyone hyped up and quit mid way...we'd look stupid lol

__________________________________________________________________________________________






REVERBLAST






avatar
00f
(90%)-Lv4
(90%)-Lv4

Posts : 500
Join date : 2014-11-06
Currently : Japan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Project UKWinz DEV Thread

Post by InfinitasImpetum on Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:00 am

well, i am going to attempt my own engine. but project going to not end but be on hold until i get the engine done or ready for content. i am going to solo the engine and do it at my own pace. their is a chance it might not get done too.


__________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Posts : 2160
Join date : 2012-05-30
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Project UKWinz DEV Thread

Post by 00f on Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:02 am

InfinitasImpetum wrote:well, i am going to attempt my own engine. but project going to not end but be on hold until i get the engine done or ready for content.  i am going to solo the engine and do it at my own pace. their is a chance it might not get done too.

got you, i have little idea of how hard it all seems but im guessing it's really hard stuff, so good luck.
i'm on hold as well then, let us know how you're progressing...

damn it all sounded everything was moving good until Unity fucked on you

__________________________________________________________________________________________






REVERBLAST






avatar
00f
(90%)-Lv4
(90%)-Lv4

Posts : 500
Join date : 2014-11-06
Currently : Japan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Project UKWinz DEV Thread

Post by InfinitasImpetum on Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:08 am

unity is fine. i fixed my issues.  i had issues with the way it handle sprite animation and other stuff related to 2d.  in all honesty, i think a custom engine would be better. will open more doors to us for later.

another thing to mention never successfully built a game engine.

if engine fails i might just say fuck it and go back to unity and put up with it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Posts : 2160
Join date : 2012-05-30
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Project UKWinz DEV Thread

Post by InfinitasImpetum on Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:44 am

in all honesty, my main issue is being committed to a project fully especially long term projects. i have a hard time with it.  so i kind of distract myself with other stuff or do something.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Posts : 2160
Join date : 2012-05-30
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Project UKWinz DEV Thread

Post by 00f on Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:14 am

InfinitasImpetum wrote:in all honesty, my main issue is being committed to a project fully especially long term projects. i have a hard time with it.  so i kind of distract myself with other stuff or do something.
that's a big difference between you and me ,i don't know you in real life so im not sure weather you lack commitment or just focus, but you need to fix both, i'm not bragging either, i didn't have much of any of these either before, but building up huge project like ExVSmod really taught me. i can now guarantee you i'd stick with this project t'ill the end if you could do the same.

honestly, those are problems you will have to deal with before or during the development of the game, cause if you ever make it out of this in one piece, you 'll never have these issues again, i guarantee you'll stick to the stuff you commit to do afterward. that's just how demanding a big project is, and that's also maybe why you couldn't release any project before.

wish i could help you, but only your own motivation and understanding of your problems will lead you on from now. i have no say in this.  you might as well try lying in bed for a day or two and see how life is without projects and anything to look back on... idk imagine yourself dying: any regrets? 

something like that XD

that's just my 2 cent; don't be offended if you found any of the above offending for some reason, i have big respect for your skills.you need to learn to dedicate yourself a bit more maybe...

__________________________________________________________________________________________






REVERBLAST






avatar
00f
(90%)-Lv4
(90%)-Lv4

Posts : 500
Join date : 2014-11-06
Currently : Japan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Project UKWinz DEV Thread

Post by InfinitasImpetum on Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:50 am

focus is the main problem. i get distracted easily. well, i think i can get around it but i would have to stick to a on and off method of working. did that before and it got me through. also pushing myself.


well, i started a project with helly and it was going well until it hit road bumps. i think it was on helly's end he was doing mulitple projects at once. plus his motivation was less than yours or it was a but of my problem too. we ended coming back to it again and i got little farther.

i think the key is to work on it in a on and off fashion. might not be practical but it works best for me. also I push myself to get something done a day even if its small like a few lines of code.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Posts : 2160
Join date : 2012-05-30
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Project UKWinz DEV Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum