Winz00e (ver 6.0)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wotagei / Otaku Arts 【ヲタ芸】

Go down

Wotagei / Otaku Arts 【ヲタ芸】 Empty Wotagei / Otaku Arts 【ヲタ芸】

Post by ImSoSteve Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:40 am

Okay i'll share what was i done so loooong time. It's been more than a year i play this.
It's a type of dance from japan. This have been done by wotas (Idol Otakus) in long time ago.
But nowadays it becomes an underground art by japanese youngsters and they popularized it to many countries , example : Thailand , Mexico , Vietnam , Singapore , and Indonesia (my country).
Most of japanese wotagei player came from Osaka or Nagoya.
There's 2 type of wotagei :
1. Original Wotagei
Consist of Mix and some Moves.
1. Mix is a chant of wotas for their idols , mix is organized , so it will not disturb the idol. It's purpose is for encouraging their idols.
There's 3 Mix :
Standard (Tiger , Fire , Cyber , Fiber , Diver , Viber)
Japanese (Tora , Hii , Jinzou , Sen-ii , Ama , Shindoukasetobijyokyo)
Ainu (Chape , Ape , Kara , Kira , Rara , Tusukemyohontusuke)
Kecha (ケチャ): The movement that centered on the base of the forearm, arm swinging forward to the stage of the idol.
Matrix (マトリックス): Taken from the Matrix movie when Neo dodged bullets with his body turned to the back at the scene when the helicopter landed.
Mawari (マワリ): Jumping while rotating in the same place, clapping hands above his head.
OAD: AKA, Over Action Dolphin. A form of applause very excited (imitating a dolphin).
PPPH: Pan Pan Pa-Hyu, applause 4 beats and jumps.
Romeo (ロミオ): Movement of the hand above the head is taken from the scene of Romeo and Juliet, when Romeo tries to grab Juliet.
Romance (ロマンス): Move laterally pointing up
from the left, right, left, right, left, right, left, and the next.
Rozario / Rosary (ロザリオ): Form a cross with both hands which means making a pledge of allegiance to the Idol on the stage.
Tutorial for original wotagei => Here , sorry no embedding allowed by uploader.

2. Modern wotagei.
Modern wotagei uses light sticks / pen lights and psyllium / cyalume sticks. Wotagei player is called Uchishi (打ち師).
It's first popularized by Ginyu Tokusentai at niconicodouga.
It's name is Otaku Art , but many people plays it. Ryo , model from Nagoya also plays this (ryo,Youtube Account.) , but almost all of the modern wotagei player is youngsters.
The name of the moves is almost the same , the difference is how to do the moves.
Take a look in a detailed tutorial by japanese people.
It has english description , but the japanese words still dominating. And the moves are clear , i think the japanese words is not neccesary.
also look at the tutorials made by ginyu tokusentai in a TV program.
Part 1 (english sub + dub)

Part 2 (eng sub + dub)

The tutorials from ginyu tokusentai is very detailed too.
So it's movement is OAD 6x , nihai ohai , OAD 4x , rosary (you can do this twice if you able to do it in a song) , then if twice , after you do second rosary , you must do the 2nd type of rosary that not pointing into 4 direction => reff : Wazas all the reff or 1 waza 1 romance part.
You can search for wotagei wazas (reff techniques) by entering 技連発 to your search bar , you must search wotagei videos in youtube using ヲタ芸 <- this keyword , almost all wotagei video that use this keyword are legit.
My wotagei channel damsky wotagei
You can ask me if have any trouble , but i'm sure when you play it for the first time , it will feel like your bone is going to detached from its place lol just kidding
Happy Experimenting!
ImSoSteve
ImSoSteve
(10%)-Lv0
(10%)-Lv0

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum