Winz00e (ver 6.0)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wazzup? Winz00e 4.5, ExVS mod 2, windom SV ...

3 posters

Go down

wazzup? Winz00e 4.5, ExVS mod 2, windom SV ... Empty wazzup? Winz00e 4.5, ExVS mod 2, windom SV ...

Post by mangak (GONE) Mon May 27, 2013 11:28 am

time to wake up from hibernation soon, summer's coming!

hopefully we can get news on windom SV soon enough, with that in mind, i want to announce a re themed winz00e, still using this version (four point zero) this is why it's called four and a half (4.5), i'll re-make each section's pictures, and we'll see what feedback you guys can bring to help improve if needed.

as for windom SV, no official announcement yet, (*sigh*) the latest announcement was an update on the private Demo in January 2013... yea...january.(at least it's from this year! thanks god)

I'm getting pumped up with some ideas for an eventually ExVS mod 2 on an eventual release of Windom SV ...

just a reminder this forum still has a purpose and it's not just a "has-been" event thingy
mangak (GONE)
mangak (GONE)
(100%)-Lv8
(100%)-Lv8

Currently : Freagin Heaven!!

http://www.winz00e.com

Back to top Go down

wazzup? Winz00e 4.5, ExVS mod 2, windom SV ... Empty Re: wazzup? Winz00e 4.5, ExVS mod 2, windom SV ...

Post by InfinitasImpetum Mon May 27, 2013 12:25 pm

well, if you want good news. been studying java script manager and took a look at java reflection. Why, for possible scripting options for an engine. found out that programming my own is best. now i am in debate use JmonkeySDk(java) or go with C++ and use a couple of pre-existing libraries. if i go with C++ i have decided to use Ogre3D(graphics) and Bullet(physics) as 2 of the libraries i use. will need to find a existing C++ libraries to handle sound, input, and possibly networking. but so far i am leaning towards using JmonkeySDK(java) cause C++ has been giving me a pain. if i do go with JmonkeySDK the advantages are i will be possibly able to make a portable copy for android tablets plus it would be multiplatform as in will work on windows, linux and mac.

in simple terms i am looking at stuff to use to make an engine. just need to pick one and start learning it. i am being really indecisive now. hide
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

wazzup? Winz00e 4.5, ExVS mod 2, windom SV ... Empty Re: wazzup? Winz00e 4.5, ExVS mod 2, windom SV ...

Post by Guest Mon May 27, 2013 1:11 pm

I can tell this summer is going to be fantastic :3
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sankarea Mon May 27, 2013 2:21 pm

new theme eh?i want to see how amazing it will be
Sankarea
Sankarea
(20%)-Lv8
(20%)-Lv8

Currently : Al-Revis Academy

Back to top Go down

Post by mangak (GONE) Mon May 27, 2013 3:58 pm

@mugen

wow...just wow, making an engine is like... yea...that big of an exploit!
ganbatte dude

@kirayamato/rias?Tachibana Kanade
thanks!
look forward to it ^___^
@rel
yep...or an aweful summer in case they don't release SV ...XD
mangak (GONE)
mangak (GONE)
(100%)-Lv8
(100%)-Lv8

Currently : Freagin Heaven!!

http://www.winz00e.com

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Mon May 27, 2013 4:59 pm

well, i decided to go with jmonkeySDK. http://jmonkeyengine.com/

the engine is more like a game where you can port in your own stuff. i am planning to make a base frame work cause the game will be duplicated into multiple models/games. first one being a mecha one that you can port your own mechs in. will be creating an easy to use editor but you will need to use a modeling program that has an ogre3d exporter support. the mechs will have to also be rigged for animations and the animations will also have to be done in a 3d modeling program.

so steps in creating a mech would be model -> rig model -> animate -> export to ogre format. thats just the base model weapons would be attached in the editor so you can adjust them.

edit:
sigh, well, just found out it can use ogre3d format for testing in the SDK only. after its built it uses a binary file specific to it. but you can convert it to that format using the SDK so modders will require the jmonkey sdk inorder to make additions for the game

I am so indecisive in choosing. back at debating now leaning towards Ogre3D + Bullet.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down