Winz00e (ver 6.0)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winz00e clean up needed

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Winz00e clean up needed Empty Winz00e clean up needed

Post by InfinitasImpetum Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:08 pm

well the forum is in need of some cleaning. some of the windom xp threads have dead links. before winz gets active again, dealing with them should be done.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Winz00e clean up needed Empty Re: Winz00e clean up needed

Post by Minty Kitty Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:10 pm

a LOT of the WindomXP Threads have dead links.

The Section is pretty much dead except for leechers. No modders post new stuff there except for Pain who just renewed his old dead links and added some new ones.
Minty Kitty
Minty Kitty
(55%)-Lv9
(55%)-Lv9

Currently : Moving Forward ♪

https://www.youtube.com/user/HikariVG

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:40 pm

well, explains why winz is so dead. sections aren't maintained properly for one. would say leechers but nothing can be done with that.  i suggest the windom section  gets mostly archived and we create a new section with all threads with links still up.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by 00f Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:00 am

you need to clean it yea... 

personally, i'm done with UKWXP as of last month, since i got exvs FB (the real ps3 game) i'm in freagin heaven , i cant let go XD

make a better anime section that's popular... you could talk about games a LOT more by giving out the latest news, you can use as reference mechadamashii and/or gundamguy.blogspot ...
00f
00f
(90%)-Lv4
(90%)-Lv4

Currently : Japan

Back to top Go down

Post by Minty Kitty Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:26 am

I agree with Manga, i don't play UKWXP anymore except to test peoples mods that they ask me to test.

Moddings gotten more advanced and detailed but the modders have all left here and moved to FB's Akatsuki Team.

And i hear ya Manga, i've got FB too and its soooooo fun!

I started doing Match requests to stream and record and upload, but i haven't done it in a while due to RL being so time consuming ;_;

A better Anime and Gaming Section would be a great change, many people visit these forums to talk about Anime and Gaming in the first place. You seldom see forums anymore about Modding games or Developement. They exist, but in scarcity.

From what i've seen, the most popular forums on the net are Anime based that touch every aspect of it, from Light Novels to Manga, from Visual Novels to Eroge (not saying we shud go Eroge...im not sure Forumotion would like that, and i think we tried that once XD). The forums even have Art Sections with different sub sections for each type.

-Lounge - Graphic Requests and Render Requests
-Misc Showcase - Renders, Non-Anime Renders, Ecchi Renders (Must be 18+ to view), Brushes (PS etc), Tutorials (PS, Gimp, Fireworks etcs), Fonts.
-Competitions - Sig of the Week, Profile of the Month, The Graphic Contest

And they don't have an entire section dedicated to gaming, they just have a "Gaming Message Boards" with Sub sections for each of the main companies like Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo etc on it, and that is in the Lounge (General Discussion for us) Area.

These are just suggestions. Im not saying we copy everything others do, but it seems from what i've seen/experienced that these are the most commonly used formats/layouts/methods for forums, and they seem to attract MASSIVE popularity.

Now these are all on VBulletin so they have their own paid host and can do whatever the hell they want without restrictions, we are on a free host and have to abbide by Forumotions Terms and Services and Censorship Policies.

These are just mere suggestions really.

Oh btw, the member count on 1 of them:

There are currently 4353 Users Online. 628 members and 3725 guests
Most users ever online was 24,873, 08-28-2010 at 04:53 AM.

Threads: 257,108
Members: 1,713,822

This is a low for them today, the other day their online member count was over 7000 with less then 2000 guests throughout most of the day.
Minty Kitty
Minty Kitty
(55%)-Lv9
(55%)-Lv9

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:35 am

both me and hikari thinks winz00e should switch to proboards. since its a better free host. would be easier to switch than to clean this whole forum out and keep the old stuff.

@hikari
i know you would agree with this.  as you statement above says we should switch to a paid server but that costs money. proboards is best we going to get for level of forum control.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by Minty Kitty Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:41 am

Yes, proboards is good for forum control.

Forumotion has more templates to choose from but if you know what your doing you could make Proboards look a shit ton better then...well THIS.

Winz00e's looked RELATIVELY the same for years. Sure, the popular ones have as well but their themes are so simple looking that people like it and are attracted to it.

-Layout
-Structure
-Colors
-Banner

Those aspects are what attract people. Winz00e atm is to clusterfked and the colors all clash with each other.

If we switch to Proboards and maybe a Paid Host in the future, we would have a much better/easier time attracting new people.

It'd be screaming:

"Hey! We decided to start fresh, new beginnings! We're not like we used to be, things are gonna be different now!"

That'd attract people as well as giving the forum a much more professional look.

Take a look at Sakurahana:
http://sakurahana.com/

Click Forum on the side.

And look at Nihonomaru's:
http://forum.nihonomaru.com/

and Anime-Sharing:
http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/
Minty Kitty
Minty Kitty
(55%)-Lv9
(55%)-Lv9

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:50 am

your forgeting our abandon forum neo windom themes i did on proboards. also proboards has theme switching so we can have multiple looks.

heck, i might just create winz00e on proboards though i will isolate my posting account from the founder account. as in keep them separate.

what i would do is tie a new gmail account too the founder account. the founder account will be neutral. and posting won't be done on it. i would also give the account info to all the admins so its shared between them incase there is needed stuff only the founder account can do or i will let one person control.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by Minty Kitty Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:57 am

Well Manga entrusted Winz00e to EB so i think he should be founder.

as much as id love to be founder, he entrusted it to EB so he should be it.

I like ur idea, but i was just making suggestions thats all.

Im just speaking from my own large experience as a Admin of Several Forums and a long standing member of all 3 of those forums, which are the most popular Anime forums on the net.
Minty Kitty
Minty Kitty
(55%)-Lv9
(55%)-Lv9

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:07 am

well, if eb is ok with it. i will do it. i am going to give him the info anyways.

well, we can still keep this forum open until the new one is done and ready. and after we can still keep this up and slowly migrate what we want over. then after we can decide whether to close or just leave this forum as is or whatever.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:19 am

though this wouldn't matter cause winz needs something to get members here, just a plain old forum thats been done like alot of times already won't help. winz needs something that attracts members. contests can be taken advantage of easily. in my opinion a youtube page or possibly a game might help.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by Minty Kitty Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:41 am

Alot of forums have their own Youtube channel which they use to promote new additions to their site or new things people have shared.

A Game would be great too, that attracts alot of attention.
Minty Kitty
Minty Kitty
(55%)-Lv9
(55%)-Lv9

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:01 am

well, for a game i think we duplicate Gundam Breaker gameplay with some of our own stuff put in it.

like an open world mode where there are areas separated by loading screens simular too Dragon age how it separates it areas.   also each area can be used as a arena in a versus mode and it locks out the area transitioning.   also there could be servers for open world (will work like Minecraft servers where anyone can host it) and versus multiplayer. 

ok the open world server part might be tricky.....

as for mechs go. we could go custom with inspiration from gundam.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by 00f Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:05 pm

winz is a clusterfuck mess? O____O ...(nggngngng...me work's being made fun of.. atsune?)

oookay, i'm not gonna say anything, cause i might just bring up the truth about maid cafes again...  happy!

tbh, it's all eb's decision, i gave him control cause he was the only one logging in and left caring for this place when i did so. also, he's a nice pal.  that said if he wants to let it go and follow your advice of making winz00e (or another name) in another place, that's fine.

if you're reading this eb all i have to say is i won't hold you for guilty or anything. I gave it up to you, you're free to do as you like. 

that said the point of reviving this place is beyond mere looks, although people seemed to be really pleased with the look of this version, even if it's god awful for some, this place has all the memories and threads we made during all these years..crow, mac[A],kira,xnider,zarai,omphai,the dude that talked with -desu , and many more (can't remember XD)
that's the point of keeping a legacy to that...but it's all about points of views and if we care about that, as i said: i let it go, Eb is free to go and build a new forum elsewhere with this name or not.

btw, i play in EU so the servers of ExVS FB are ok with NA players maybe we could gather everyone that plays exvs on ps3 and make a fun brawl or something...one day...lol

also if you guys want to start over, make a youtube channel like i tried to do with this ver of winz, get hikari on it she uploads quite a lot, just sayin, she's good
00f
00f
(90%)-Lv4
(90%)-Lv4

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:27 pm

its not like we need to abandon this place it can be kept around for nostalgic sakes.  its just the clean up job would be too much a pain.

i could duplicate this look in proboards but better.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by 00f Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:31 pm

you're right, if he wants to go for it, that's the way to rebuild a new community... the beginning will be tough but if he has a purpose he can do something. this place died long ago with UKwxp modding, we came a bit late into the scene but we did last as long as we could, and did it splendidly i think.  

re theming this place is impossible, and it's a crime lol
00f
00f
(90%)-Lv4
(90%)-Lv4

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:34 pm

the look of winz isn't a problem. its the deadlinks that make it a mess.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by 00f Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:05 pm

hik said something about the colors being shitty...    she's mean to me for no reason depressing
00f
00f
(90%)-Lv4
(90%)-Lv4

Back to top Go down

Post by Minty Kitty Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:22 pm

O.o...i...i just...lmfao

I just wanted to say that its a bit odder looking then most forums and that i have a hard time finding sections nowadays due to all the Names being gone and replaced with images.

Not tryin to be mean :P

*Hugs Manga*
Minty Kitty
Minty Kitty
(55%)-Lv9
(55%)-Lv9

Back to top Go down

Post by 00f Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:46 pm

i don't need hugs, here's a keyblade i got 2...

anyway lol, you know the "images" HAVE NAMES in them LMAO 

fair enough though, we can agree any change is needed if you guys wanna do something new
00f
00f
(90%)-Lv4
(90%)-Lv4

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:24 am

eb was online and i am getting the feeling he will just ignore this.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by 00f Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:18 pm

well, it doesn't surprise me, and honestly, i got no opinion on the matter, it's too...complex, i left him winz00e, i didn't have to, in fact he didn't ask for it but chose anyway to take care of it

maybe we believe that a forum is more than looks and threads...it's also an ip, a server in real life that has history... and until this place is deleted by al kaida or something, it holds memories which can't be left in the dust.   maybe that's his theory and maybe that's why we keep coming back here... heck kirathrun might still be here as a guest and anonymous for all we know...,

^ i know i used to think like that... kinda still do. but i gave up on the said forum so yea, my words sound like crap now 

if eb wants to rebuild here and succeed, i already told him i would support him as a normal member.
00f
00f
(90%)-Lv4
(90%)-Lv4

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:13 pm

if he wants to rebuild the forum needs cleaning. creating archive subsections for each section would be a start. and putting all old threads in the archive section or deadlink threads if its downloads.
archive sections should be locked to be only viewed by members and not posted.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by 00f Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:50 pm

i deleted archives...

and we kinda cleaned winz00e when we both build this theme, there might be more cleaning left, but what he really needs is members, recognition, and a purpose... maybe gaming in general, why not console gaming?
00f
00f
(90%)-Lv4
(90%)-Lv4

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:31 pm

i don't console game anymore. i am now just pc gaming. soon possibly go into android gaming.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next