Winz00e (ver 6.0)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zone of the Mecha (upcoming game in the works)

+2
mangak (GONE)
InfinitasImpetum
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Zone of the Mecha (upcoming game in the works) Empty Zone of the Mecha (upcoming game in the works)

Post by InfinitasImpetum Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:03 pm

Zone of the Mecha is a game in the works that will allow members to submit custom mechs they are interested in seeing in the game. members if they want can help with asset creation my animating the mechs or prepping it for input into the game.  there will be no modding at first instead i and members of my team will work with members to help get there mech into the game.  as for modding that takes time and i want to get a game out. the moddable system might come later though. details about model submission will be given later after first gameplay demo is released.

details about the Game:
- inspiration for the game design comes from gundam vs gundam series, windom xp, and dragonball tenkaichi.  
- we are using Free version of Unity Engine to make the game.

current development progress:
first mecha modeled out and prepped for animating. needs animations.
Basic Camera behavior coded.
Movement Code is next.

Current people on the team:
InfinitasImpetum
Helldiver450(kyubey)
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Zone of the Mecha (upcoming game in the works) Empty Re: Zone of the Mecha (upcoming game in the works)

Post by InfinitasImpetum Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:19 pm

Zone of the Mecha (upcoming game in the works) Zotmca10

no movement yet, but camera is done and mecha imported.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Zone of the Mecha (upcoming game in the works) Empty Re: Zone of the Mecha (upcoming game in the works)

Post by mangak (GONE) Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:16 pm

you're gonna program the movements/ attacks?

you feel comfortable with that?

dude...you need to add Break Blade units...i want delphine in there! XD
mangak (GONE)
mangak (GONE)
(100%)-Lv8
(100%)-Lv8

Currently : Freagin Heaven!!

http://www.winz00e.com

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:39 pm

well, i have bad news. adding moddability is a no. can't seem to get legacy animation system to work. i might be forced to use unity's newer animation system mecanim which is not exposed much to code. script refusing to work. problem was found.

delpine can't fly would be restricted to ground maps. i plan to support  zero gravity maps and have a system for full movement in them.

basic ground movement is almost done. need to code in the stuff for when locked on. shit....just took a closer look at gundam vs gundam and how mechs move. i am thinking too much of DBZ: tenkaichi movement. plus just realized the constant lockon......and i been playing it alot and just noticing this......
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by mangak (GONE) Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:02 am

lol, sounds like you're progressing fast lately, keep it up.

do the Code geass units then, they should work great for what you are trying to accomplish, the albion and all... fans will jump on your game instantly

i would almost want my Nephir gundam in there, but ...the cape/cloth animation is impossibly hard to program i guess, only games like assassin creed can have realistic cloth animation  so there has to be some trick to it... not crossbone gundam either i guess (let's face it the hard "block" cloth was ugly as heck in UKxp)

mangak (GONE)
mangak (GONE)
(100%)-Lv8
(100%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebgundam Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:15 am

hey mugen if you do movements for gundams you should probably do movements like the ACE game
at least for the winged ones

Ebgundam
Ebgundam
(70%)-Lv7
(70%)-Lv7

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:37 am

mangakaninja wrote:
i would almost want my Nephir gundam in there, but ...the cape/cloth animation is impossibly hard to program i guess, only games like assassin creed can have realistic cloth animation  so there has to be some trick to it... not crossbone gundam either i guess (let's face it the hard "block" cloth was ugly as heck in UKxp)

cloth physics can be done in unity. and if you want anything in the game the model has to be not a rip. but actually modelled out.

@EB
control style is going to be same for all mechs. when i meant movement i mean behavior and how it moves in the level. i will look at ACE movements though. my goal is keep some of the windom xp and gvg control/movement feel but add support for zero gravity maps. looked at it. sorry eb not going too. but zero gravity maps might have movement similar to that.

Zone of the Mecha (upcoming game in the works) MechaVSButtonConcept_zps8aa7e180

here is something about maps:
-each map has its own gravity value that effects each mech. unlike windom xp and gvg they use the same gravity for all maps. this is able to change so you can possibly make moon maps with moon like gravity. also this is good for having both zero gravity maps and maps with gravity.
- each maps determines how boost will be consumed. there are 2 types of boosts low profile and high profile.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sankarea Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:06 am

sounds like a good project
Sankarea
Sankarea
(20%)-Lv8
(20%)-Lv8

Currently : Al-Revis Academy

Back to top Go down

Post by mangak (GONE) Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:29 am

oh god please map the triangle button to target, i always use that for targets, much more natural, i'd hate to use O for target
mangak (GONE)
mangak (GONE)
(100%)-Lv8
(100%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:08 am

mangakaninja wrote:oh god please map the triangle button to target, i always use that for targets, much more natural, i'd hate to use O for target
just remap the controls if you have too, i will be including that option. anyway there will be keyboard support. the image is just the layout.

before end of this day i will have a simple movement demo, showing off the camera.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:30 pm

WE HAVE MOVEMENT!!!
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebgundam Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:30 pm

oh alright mugen, and also im going to make my first model lol
and this is the unit im going to attempt to make
Zone of the Mecha (upcoming game in the works) D31fa5946975e3f2c08008c8e2835693

Wing Gundam Fenice Rinascita

edit: wow that looks great!!!!
Ebgundam
Ebgundam
(70%)-Lv7
(70%)-Lv7

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:33 pm

if your model turns out good. i am willing to put it ingame. when i start to add more mechs.

well, i can't do anymore work until helly gets some animation done for me or attempt to do them myself.

might start on gun fire animation, thats going to be a pain being its going to have to be a procedural animation
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:39 am

so only way modding will be possible for the future is if i script non mecha specific. in simple terms scripts need to be universal so far its going good all my scripts can be put on new mechs easily. though the firing animation is getting tricky. i am forced to procedurally create it on the fly.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:38 pm

so what if i told you i could bring gundam breaker like customization to this game in the future. not going to guarantee it so don't get hyped about until i actually do it.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebgundam Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:05 pm

O.o
Ebgundam
Ebgundam
(70%)-Lv7
(70%)-Lv7

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:21 am

if this does well, i am thinking android port.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by mangak (GONE) Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:57 pm

wow there, wait a minute, don't rush this, you need to focus on PC, there is no way a portable version is easy, and ...don't get ahead of yourself there, you need no other distractions than what you're currently doing
mangak (GONE)
mangak (GONE)
(100%)-Lv8
(100%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:31 pm

mangakaninja wrote:wow there, wait a minute, don't rush this, you need to focus on PC, there is no way a portable version is easy, and ...don't get ahead of yourself there, you need no other distractions than what you're currently doing

i am making this in unity 3D. porting it to android would be easy. just would need to adapt controls to work on android tablets and phones.

current platform target are windows, linux, and mac.

if i was doing this in custom engine this would be a different story.

also i have been lazy. barely got anything done these past days.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:08 pm

welp, any hopes for modding is being knocked out. i will not be adding modding as long as it being made in unity.
I am running into too many problems trying to make things universal or work in the future for modding capable stuff. if you want modding your going to have to wait until i can create a custom engine for it.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by mangak (GONE) Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:16 pm

can't you do something like ukwxp and leave the game open, or kinda easy to replace stuff with?
mangak (GONE)
mangak (GONE)
(100%)-Lv8
(100%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:29 pm

my main problem is the animations. loading them at runtime. but i can have parts be replaced like in gundam breaker or how windom xp mix and matches work.. i have loaded models in before and attached them to an object in unity.

i had a concept for something called a type system where mechs of same type held the same animations. i can do the same with this game and allow for a mix and match system.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/y8prmld99xhxnk5/MechinaxDesign.odt (9 month old concept i had)
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by mangak (GONE) Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:04 am

you know about front mission evolved? ...do that
mangak (GONE)
mangak (GONE)
(100%)-Lv8
(100%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:44 am

basically that exactly how my idea works except its more detail that it allows for multiple kind of mechs. not just a singular style.

well, time to dig up some old code.

Zone of the Mecha (upcoming game in the works) Parteditorpreview_zps5e68025f

Zone of the Mecha (upcoming game in the works) Editorwindowdemo_zps3bee0e49

InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:06 pm

i require a rip model thats posed for rigging. perferably a gundam seed or 00 model.

give me picture of mech before sending it to me. so i know what pose its in and can determine whether i want it or not. also the model must be compatible with blender
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next