Winz00e (ver 6.0)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zone of the Mecha (upcoming game in the works)

+2
mangak (GONE)
InfinitasImpetum
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Zone of the Mecha (upcoming game in the works) - Page 2 Empty Re: Zone of the Mecha (upcoming game in the works)

Post by InfinitasImpetum Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:35 pm

details about the game redesign. there will be part switching but there will be only one skeleton so animations will be limited further details later. parts will be inspired by gundam designs. as for modding you can create your own parts. as for adding more skeleton type for different kind of mechs. not happening for free. maybe will add them in later paid version in the future.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Zone of the Mecha (upcoming game in the works) - Page 2 Empty Re: Zone of the Mecha (upcoming game in the works)

Post by InfinitasImpetum Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:22 pm

PROJECT PUT ON HOLD, DO TO ISSUES THAT MIGHT LIMIT THE PROJECT AND NOT ENOUGH HELP. PLUS OTHER REASONS
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by PureEvil Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:54 pm

So it will be look like PC version of gundam breaker. The engine & movements already better than windom. Can it stick in the air like A.C.E or Armored Core game ?
PureEvil
PureEvil
(40%)-Lv1
(40%)-Lv1

https://discordapp.com/invite/MPGxv9K?fbclid=IwAR0i4q8QQlIyaI9pQ

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:57 pm

well, what you see is what i have programmed. as for sticking in air i would of had it only for zero gravity maps. as in basically maps where you wanted it.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:37 pm

what if you could build the parts inside the program itself.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:19 pm

anyways, project is continuing kind of. going be doing stuff with it slowly. once unity 4.6 is released pace might pick up.  

so far my original plans for it will have to change. the final results will be closer to gundam breaker. but with the ability for users to import there own models for parts. i will be using my own custom format for model loading and parts data saving.  requirements for creation of parts a 3d program that supports obj exporting.  the skeleton will be released to public to help for parts creation.

packs/back items, and funnels/dragoons don't hope for at first. especially funnels i am handling those last for good reasons.

shit....memory might be a problem. all animations might load into memory......i will deal with it when i get there.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by Miguel Aiman Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:20 am

This should be interesting.. :D

Keep it up, Mugen!

Btw, by parts, you meant the windom xp unit mod parts??? O.O
Miguel Aiman
Miguel Aiman
(10%)-Lv7
(10%)-Lv7

Currently : (MIA)

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:41 am

nope, i meant you can import your own custom models for arms, body, legs and head. kinda like gundam breaker. as for windom xp model transfering not happening. the file format i will be using is custom made but would convert from obj files.

animation won't be editable.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:14 pm

Zone of the Mecha (upcoming game in the works) - Page 2 Skelet10

skeleton is done. and no SF will not be in the game. I am using it for testing purposes and getting stuff setup.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:07 pm

joint/skeleton setup for the game so you can start making parts for it. requires blender (http://www.blender.org/).

https://www.mediafire.com/?a1k16l2j92rjkjn (do not modify the skeleton. the strike freedom in the file is to help give out layout of parts. also all parts have to be textured through UV map also a color shader will be created so prep yourself for modifying you parts to work with that

if your wondering what parts are its head, body, legs, and arms. look at gundam breaker for ideas on how to set things up for later

InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by Miguel Aiman Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:23 am

InfinitasImpetum wrote:joint/skeleton setup for the game so you can start making parts for it.  requires blender (http://www.blender.org/).

https://www.mediafire.com/?a1k16l2j92rjkjn (do not modify the skeleton. the strike freedom in the file is to help give out layout of parts.  also all parts have to be textured through UV map also a color shader will be created so prep yourself for modifying you parts to work with that

if your wondering what parts are its head, body, legs, and arms. look at gundam breaker for ideas on how to set things up for later

Hmm.. I guess you don't mind if I start advertising this?? :3
Miguel Aiman
Miguel Aiman
(10%)-Lv7
(10%)-Lv7

Currently : (MIA)

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:05 am

I do mind. i want it more finished before i do any kind of advertising. or atleast have something playable.

also should note i am getting distracted. plus i am in heavy debate whether to stop and study up so i can transfer it to a custom engine.

though i am thinking sequel to have that and stick to unity game engine.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:13 am

so here is a question weapon stealing option for hand weapons.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebgundam Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:41 am

InfinitasImpetum wrote:so here is a question weapon stealing option for hand weapons.
that would be nice, if you were to do that, would the weapons drop when the suit is destroyed?
Ebgundam
Ebgundam
(70%)-Lv7
(70%)-Lv7

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:30 pm

well, i would say when you destroy a mech you have a high chance of getting a weapon drop. but there is a chance you won't. why cause there is a chance you would destroy weapon too. also everytime you attack another mech there will be a chance determined by attack strength. stronger the attack the greater chance of weapon drop. but the chance of getting a weapon from attacking another mech is low compared to destroying a mech. i would say 1% - 10% chance when attacking. 40% - 60% when destroying a mech, stronger the attack destroying the mech the less likely you would get a weapon drop.

i think also weapon destruction is also an idea for a new feature. where weapons have a chance to be destroyed.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:49 pm

details about the models of the game. models will be in a custom format. to convert to the model format you need to export the parts or model pieces into a obj file. then load it into a special program which will set the center point of each model to the center of all vertices. why is this its going to help with the auto collision box setup later. there will be a auto attach feature in the program which smartly attaches pieces according to location but this won't work perfectly all the time so there will be stuff to let you manual attach stuff or change which its attached too.

double posted cause felt this should be in separate post.

Part File Creator Program progress
being coded using visual C#.
obj loading part coded completed. User interface is next.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:59 am

Zone of the Mecha (upcoming game in the works) - Page 2 Progra10
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:04 am

planning to lock this thread after i create some new threads for the game. want to reorganize stuff.

threads going to be created:
Development thread - details on how far i am in development.(might be locked so i keep it too updates or i will ignore any posts not made by me)
features discussion thread - discuss features you want and i will respond. top post will detail features.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2