Winz00e (ver 6.0)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project UKWinz DEV Thread

4 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Project UKWinz DEV Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Project UKWinz DEV Thread

Post by 00f Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:22 am

InfinitasImpetum wrote:ok, then you have double the work to do.  also most 2d games just flip the sprite. but there are some that make both right and left unique.

shit, i have more work also, do to animating it..........

im just gonna flip the sprite/spritesheet and add the details i want to make it look unique...  

hum...the animation, will it be a sheet like the explosion texture in UKWXP ?  

like this  i mean
http://www.saschawillems.de/images/explotexgen01.jpg
00f
00f
(90%)-Lv4
(90%)-Lv4

Currently : Japan

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:27 am

yep, just like that. 

here is another example:
Project UKWinz DEV Thread - Page 2 13904
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by 00f Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:39 pm

and your job to me is gonna be to give me a base sheet with the limits of each "cases" where i can add the sprite right? 

i need to split each frames into some kind of grid i'll need to make... i guess you're gonna have to decide ont he resolution of the main sheet as well as the res of each frames?

dont' worry if i sound like a noob who has no idea what he's doing, it's true i have little to no idea of how to do animation but i can see myself drawing each sprites no prob!
00f
00f
(90%)-Lv4
(90%)-Lv4

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:58 pm

just study the sheet above, i showed as example.  if you want to make it easier we can have the mechs hover instead of walking.
the size of the mech is decent enough too work with also.

well, i will have a character moving soon so......i think you should get something drawn out and animating. to see how difficult it might be for you.

http://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-create-an-animated-pixel-art-sprite-in-adobe-photoshop--cms-20428 (the stuff under animate your sprite is what you want to look at)
http://www.ducky-pond.com/posts/2013/Sep/generating-spritesheets-in-gimp/  (compile you sheet here and then merge a couple sheets together)
http://www.wikihow.com/Animate-a-Sprite-Sheet-Using-GIMP  (this should be good for test if animation looks good)

some resources that might help you.

oh sprite sheet can't be bigger than 4096x4096 or else it will get messed up in unity. so you might have to separate a mech into mulitple sheets.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by 00f Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:54 pm

nice, once i get done with designs that's were i'll be annimating the sprites... i was thinking even more basic before: just moving and modifying parts of my sprites copied over to different layers to animate it... but looks like this is the way to go!
00f
00f
(90%)-Lv4
(90%)-Lv4

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:07 pm

currently getting stuff setup for test demo of movement. will be refined once the sprites you made are put in.
using a sprite sheet for testing.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by PureEvil Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:39 pm

awesome project. support this. :grabpopcorn
PureEvil
PureEvil
(40%)-Lv1
(40%)-Lv1

https://discordapp.com/invite/MPGxv9K?fbclid=IwAR0i4q8QQlIyaI9pQ

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:40 pm

so here is some progress on the scripts:

- movement script written forbasic walk and jump but untested. currently setting up mecanim side for that.
attack scripts not done. will handle after movement. movement and attack are actually 1 script. just the attack part isn't coded yet

health bar, boost bar, and special bar script written but need to find it and tweak it if needed.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by 00f Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:04 am

InfinitasImpetum wrote:so here is some progress on the scripts:

- movement script written forbasic walk and jump but untested. currently setting up mecanim side for that.
attack scripts not done. will handle after movement. movement and attack are actually 1 script. just the attack part isn't coded yet

health bar, boost bar, and special bar script written but need to find it and tweak it if needed.
damn sounds like your making so much progress so fast... 

i wont be able to keep up, im a university student, but ill do my best

some ideas for scale and just overall idea, what do you think? this isn't anything final

Project UKWinz DEV Thread - Page 2 3n4TK3X
Project UKWinz DEV Thread - Page 2 CpSW6sL
00f
00f
(90%)-Lv4
(90%)-Lv4

Back to top Go down

Post by 00f Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:47 am

ok here are some of my game design choices/idea for the game

i want the player to start with half the roster available, the first boss will be (once beaten) unlocked as playable suit, the others will come the same way

i want the player to navigate in a maze/castle like map (not the look of it just the map design) like a catlevania game, so we can have exploration, -> this exploration will reward the player with potions, new weapon that will have different looks, attack patterns and effect (fire, explosion, ice...)  i want the weapons to be hard to get (a lot of dongeon grind to get, a mini boss to beat that drops the weapon) ect

the last hing i want the exploration to provide is stars. these starts will be rare, the player will start with 2 or 1 at each stage the stars will have 2 effects: either transform into EX mode (unicorn like transformation that boosts stats, along with infinite boost for a limited time) . the second choice the player can do with a star is pull off a special attack (super large beam for example) , that's not all, the player will also be able to (if you have 2 stars at once) pull off a SP attack during the EX mode, that will change the SP attack into a EXSP attack (mega huge super crazy powerful beam...for example)

also i want you to load a small animation/gif ? when we transform into EX mode, just like the bankai effect in Bleach Dark souls (ds) 

is that possible??

last but not least, once you beat the game, i want a game + mode (like the square enix rpg) where all the enemis are stronger, the player carries over his level and weapons and roster, and also gains a new suit, (the final boss that will look totally badass and will be super fast !!)

the roster will be 6 minimum, 12 to 20 maximum (for now)
each mech will look differently, have all different weapons and progress with levels like an rpg (is level progression possible?)  i want all the weapons of all the mechs to be swap-able (aka, you can find them during the exploration if you want, but not all weapons in the wild will be from a mech in the roster,some will be nobody's))-> i can create legends about that and extend this idea into the comic book for the game (that will be story)

gundam mods may or may not be (unofficially) released by me after we get the game done
i'd be nice if we tried selling the game at conventions and all...  just an idea as well, im looking 1 or 2 years ahead

also, what about the game in a zelda (2d) view like?  i was thinking, we have that choice right? ...the map art will need a lot more work though...
00f
00f
(90%)-Lv4
(90%)-Lv4

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:58 am

first thing never played castlevania.  but if you want exploration like in metroid but wth a smaller map and separate levels. i like that idea.  actually wanted this kind of map.
as far as exploration, i want there to be rooms where you get locked in and forced to fight a set number of enemies. even mini-boss rooms which just a regular enemies with boosted stats.

i was thinking sp bar slowly recharges or recharges as you destroy enemies.  used for ex mode/special attack. the sp bar will start quarter full. and inorder to pull off ex mode you. but a separate bars like in budokai games. might work to and sp attack takes some bars off and then ex mode takes alot too almost half. defeating enemies in ex mode or with a special attack won't increase the special bar.

zelda like view... ugh.........idk. i was thinking megaman/metroid/mario type view.

i was also thinking multiplayer for later and battle mode. sidescoller view would be best for that.

my bar(health/boost/special) script is simple and only works horizontal or vertical doesn't support weird shapes. i don't know exactly how to get those odd shapes to work. XD

top-down zelda view would make things way easier on the coding side. cause then i don't have to worry about gravity. the scripts would need to be rewritten but it should be easy. and don't worry about the level, its not hard to adjust. as long as i can use Tiled to make it, we should be fine

also modding not possible, unless we switch to custom engine.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by 00f Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:08 am

InfinitasImpetum wrote:first thing never played castlevania.  but if you want exploration like in metroid but wth a smaller map and separate levels. i like that idea.  actually wanted this kind of map.
as far as exploration, i want there to be rooms where you get locked in and forced to fight a set number of enemies. even mini-boss rooms which just a regular enemies with boosted stats.

i was thinking sp bar slowly recharges or recharges as you destroy enemies.  used for ex mode/special attack. the sp bar will start quarter full. and inorder to pull off ex mode you. but a separate bars like in budokai games. might work to and sp attack takes some bars off and then ex mode takes alot too almost half. defeating enemies in ex mode or with a special attack won't increase the special bar.

zelda like view... ugh.........idk. i was thinking megaman/metroid/mario type view.

i was also thinking multiplayer for later and battle mode. sidescoller view would be best for that.

my bar(health/boost/special) script is simple and only works horizontal or vertical doesn't support weird shapes. i don't know exactly how to get those odd shapes to work. XD

top-down zelda view would make things way easier on the coding side. cause then i don't have to worry about gravity. the scripts would need to be rewritten but it should be easy. and don't worry about the level, its not hard to adjust. as long as i can use Tiled to make it, we should be fine

also modding not possible, unless we switch to custom engine.

Lets stick to megaman/castlevania our game wouldnt be good otherwise. Sp bar is good, i want to give the player a choice between using for sp atck or Ex transformation. Maybe we ll make mzore sp attacks as well that would be awesome. I think our idea of the game matches perfectly!
00f
00f
(90%)-Lv4
(90%)-Lv4

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:47 am

i think you need to produce a animated sprite very soon. I question you ability not in drawing the sprite but in getting it animated. i can code as much scripts as i need to but it will be a waste if the sprite artist fails to animate.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by 00f Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:45 am

InfinitasImpetum wrote:i think you need to produce a animated sprite very soon.  I question you ability not in drawing the sprite but in getting it animated.  i can code as much scripts as i need to but it will be a waste if the sprite artist fails to animate.
that's absolutely true, worst case i will learn to do it, in any case i get that you need proof to reassure you in the project, i'll get on it.
i thought about it myself, you know why exvsFB mod was successful? cause it started out as a one man project, i could do everything i wanted to, even if help was not coming or would cease mid way it wouldnt have been a problem, the mod was relying on me

this project is different, if one of us fucks up and stop, the whole thing is in danger right? ...so i'm also worried about you youknow? hope you're motivated to go through with this...dont give up on it after a few difficulties. we'll both have our respective challenges to overcome. we have to rely on each other and not expect help
00f
00f
(90%)-Lv4
(90%)-Lv4

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:57 am

00f wrote:
InfinitasImpetum wrote:i think you need to produce a animated sprite very soon.  I question you ability not in drawing the sprite but in getting it animated.  i can code as much scripts as i need to but it will be a waste if the sprite artist fails to animate.
that's absolutely true, worst case i will learn to do it, in any case i get that you need proof to reassure you in the project, i'll get on it.
i thought about it myself, you know why exvsFB mod was successful? cause it started out as a one man project, i could do everything i wanted to, even if help was not coming or would cease mid way it wouldnt have been a problem, the mod was relying on me

this project is different, if one of us fucks up and stop, the whole thing is in danger right? ...so i'm also worried about you youknow? hope you're motivated to go through with this...dont give up on it after a few difficulties. we'll both have our respective challenges to overcome. we have to rely on each other and not expect help

I will be honest i have a hard time sticking to a project for a long time.  though i tend to make my scripts universal in design. as in they can be attached to something else and should work fine if setup correctly. so we should be able to bring more people in for getting mechs setup with limited or no coding experience.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by 00f Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:05 am

InfinitasImpetum wrote:
00f wrote:

I will be honest i have a hard time sticking to a project for a long time.  though i tend to make my scripts universal in design. as in they can be attached to something else and should work fine if setup correctly. so we should be able to bring more people in for getting mechs setup with limited or no coding experience.
ok so you're saying we gotta make this short? how's a year max? im not saying focus your all on it for year but can you provide assistance when needed and all, you need to be able to do this on your own coding wise, if you're already planning out "help" spots to fill in that's no good.
00f
00f
(90%)-Lv4
(90%)-Lv4

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:10 am

more like working on it off and on. truthfully, i don't know.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by 00f Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:15 am

well..i appreciate your honesty but can you make this a project you truly care abut and want to see done? dont let me be the one with all the ideas maybe you have some personal wishes of your own, i can draw your dream mech whatever, you need to care and relate to the project, this isnt a chore right? i don have a lot of time if im going to invest myself in this i need to know you're not going to drop out...arrrg the pressure! its too much   ouch!

by the way i can animate on gimp ive done it before for banners and shit, idk about the quality though im gonna try to find something better 
as for the sprite sheets im studying them,ive implemented the layer to spritesheet script on my gimp, its a simple tool but it might help 
...so far i dont seem to struggle with he stuff in front of me i'll start to make an example
00f
00f
(90%)-Lv4
(90%)-Lv4

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:22 am

what, i been giving ideas.  just i tend to get distracted about things. making it difficult to stick to one thing for long. XD  

the problem is i get too much ideas even for other games. i want to complete one atleast. part of me is tempted to go custom engine even though it unwise.

i think we are thinking too big. lets think smaller getting a level going with atleast 1 mech. lets forget the special attacks and ex mode at first. start as simple as we can.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by 00f Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:30 am

here is the example you gave me, 
https://i.imgur.com/r1MFWjZ.gif
Project UKWinz DEV Thread - Page 2 R1MFWjZ
i animated the walking sequence...just getting rid of the first sprite will remove the "stand pose" glitch

.alright for going simple;...but im not throwing away these ideas , ex mode is gonna happen one day! XD
00f
00f
(90%)-Lv4
(90%)-Lv4

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:38 am

.............."Facepalm".

i can get any old sprite to animate thats already frames are drawn. i met you creating the each frame by drawing them and test it out animated.

sorry that i wasn't clear about that.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by 00f Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:39 am

InfinitasImpetum wrote:.............."Facepalm".  

i can get any old sprite to animate thats already frames are drawn. i met you creating the each frame by drawing them and test it out animated.

sorry that i wasn't clear about that.
bwaaahahahaa, LOL, ok you were scaring meh lol cause that was too easy i thought you were a little retarded  XD
00f
00f
(90%)-Lv4
(90%)-Lv4

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:43 am

as for ex mode and special attack didn't say we weren't doing them just gave a small starting point to get too.
ex mode and sp attack would come after.

also i raged, scrapped my movement scripts. i went too fast into them with importing something from another project and tweaking them to work. some scripts i coded before might work though but not all.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by 00f Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:51 am

fuuh.... im sorry man, that lost work huh... 

no use 
crying over spilled milk, take the day off the cpu, watch a movie or something, come back tomorrow ill have our own custom mech walking. walk tell yourself the script was shit anyway and you'll do even better! ...be positive.

you need to let me know shit like that happens, i had no clue why you were down like this, that explains it
00f
00f
(90%)-Lv4
(90%)-Lv4

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinitasImpetum Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:58 am

i am looking at a project i did in gamemaker a while back. its incomplete but has a working health bar and movment and 2 attacks. here is the project.
https://www.mediafire.com/?w76t1u2s4678zt4
press enter when at character select screen. then use arrow keys and space to move and attack. supports joypad too.
InfinitasImpetum
InfinitasImpetum
(0%)-Lv8
(0%)-Lv8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next